Monday, January 25, 2010

It's a Love Collage: A Tutorial



 I think the best part of making this was my husband's reaction.  I made it with the intent of giving it to him for Valentine's Day, but I couldn't wait to hang it up....so I just hung it up.  Didn't say a word.  It took him about 30 minutes to notice it when he got home.  (Which I thought was remarkable..and very observant of him :)
At any rate, he was like "is that an old newpaper cliping?" (he was too far away to read it)....I told him to get up and see.
Let's just say he was very impressed.....TOTALLY WORTH IT!

It was so easy to make

Here's the Low-Down:

Supplies:
MOD PODGE
Canvas whatever size you prefer (mine is 11x14)
a Computer/Printer/Paper
Tissue Paper (mine was used recycled)

1. Select Your Images. 
Here is the list of sites I used for each image:
1 Corinthians 13 at  BibleGateway

here you can pick whatever passage you'd like from many of the Bible's translations

Personalized Newspaper Cliping at Fodey (dot) com

you can write whatever you'd like. 
I chose to make up a Wedding Announcement since we really didn't have one.


"Holy Matrimony" courtesy of the Graphics Fairy
part of a vintage Marriage Certificate she had posted

She's got AMAZING, FREE vintage clip art to choose from!


All other images I Googled.
Since we got married on the 4th of July, I found part of this old newspaper ad,

and although Randy is a Marine...he likes this pic as much as me!

and a little graphic heart firework clipart:




2. Once you have your images, simply arrange them in the way you'd like
let them 

some of these I kept...some I didn't...


3. MOD PODGE away!
It's key with all these layers to work over a long period of time.  Letting each layer dry before you apply the next in order



4. Tissue Paper Heart:
Tissue Paper....folded in Half....cut Half of Heart shape...Unfold.
MOD PODGE over images.


5. Hang Up Your Artwork...and FEEL THE LOVE!





....................................................................
Linkin' Up with:

19 comments:

  1. i LOVE this!! you amaze me! this is def. on the to do list now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is adorable... you are so talented

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet. I love the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've personalized your collage and kudoes to your hubby for noticing it so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tutorial. And what an amazing collage. I love the way you personalized it. Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and meaningful collage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic ... you know I l-o-v-e the Mod Podge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project!! Nice tutorial too! I'm not surprised that your husband loved it, it's wonderful. Thanks so much for linking up today for "Brag Monday".

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out so darling, and you could make one for many different events. The transparent heart really "makes" it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet project. I love all the detail you put into it.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I love mixed media collages!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was awesome! I love the LOVE YOU one too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so awesome!! I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this. I added it to my favs post for tonight.

    FYI-I have a give-a-way starting tonight

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!
    I am totally going to make one too!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...