Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bye, Bye Grocery Store Lunch Bag!

I have a couple Sewing Buddies at work. 
It's so fun to talk about our latest projects, tips, & tricks.

What is REALLY great...is when someone buys something that you've been eyeing up for months...and then, out of the kindness of her heart, brings it into work and tells you to "take your time" with it!

WHAT?!?!  Kim, are you my little sewing fairy?  I THINK SO!

Look what I've been drooling over lately:


And I didn't even have to BUY IT MYSELF!!!

I finally chose a project to get finished before I returned it.  Let's be honest, I want to make EVERY.SINGLE.THING.IN.THIS.BOOK.
I just don't have the time right now.

But I will have something to take to work to SHOW OFF:
This is what I have been taking my "lunch" to work in:

And 1 "One-Yard Wonder" Later:


10 comments:

  1. my brother got me this book for my birthday!! i have so many projects lined up--just have to find the time to make them now!! lol

    great job on the lunch bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously the BEST book I ever bought. I just made Dana the Petite Diaper bag, you'll have to ask her if she likes it size wise for her little Charlotte. Also, the folklore bag is fun and PERFECT for me...Let's see...oh yeah, I made the first bag in the purse section (the gathered looking one with the piping). It was OK, but too deep and narrow for my junk. HAVE FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got that book too......it is on my bedside table as we speak. I like to look at it & get motivated to create....have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Sounds like an awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, that's a cutie pie bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. eek ADORABLE! I bought the book a few weeks ago when we were in between homes. Now I am waiting for the energy to return to sew after unpacking boxes, and Boxes and BOXES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have got to be the craftiest person EVER!!! That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is AMAZING. Now I want that book.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...