Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Evolution of an Artist

As you evolve as an artist...

you perfect your craft.

you experiment with different media.

you mature.

you are able to express yourself more clearly?


2008

10 months old
Media: Colored Vanilla Pudding


2009
22 months old
Media: Finger Paints

2010
 One Month Shy of 3 years old
Media: Acrylic Paints & Paint Brush

Randy & I will obviously be able to retire early...
just as soon as she's "discovered", that is.

..........................................................................

This is a little project we started for Randy's 1st Father's Day.  You can read more about the first 2 years here.
This year, we didn't exactly make the "Father's Day Deadline", but lucky for him....daddy's birthday is very close. 
I have to admit, I was a bit nervous giving her real paints.  Sam is still under the impression that "all things creamy must be lotion"  (i.e. yogurt) and therefore should be slathered all over your body.

I'd love to tell you all about it, but I think it might easier just to show you:
(you can click on each collage to enlarge)









Samantha & I HIGHLY recommend you try this.

(so does Madonna)
EXPRESS YOURSELF!

5 comments:

  1. lol, that's just plain awesome!! LOVE it! I bet the art on the walls is gorgeous, but the pics of her making the art are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should make a collage of her years of efforts and hang it right next to the master pieces

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best idea ever! I love the look through the years, the finished masterpieces, her cute little chubby painted self, all of it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just cute! My girls love to paint, and usually end up painting each other in the process. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh how cute and how lovely and how fun!!

    I will do this with my two straight away. What a lovely Keep Sake!!!

    Havent done much painting with my baby yet. About time!

    Will include this in my Summer Get Crafty Carnival, if that is ok? Link to you etc.

    Here is last month's ManMade Get Crafty as a reference http://redtedart.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/get-crafty-july-2010-made-by-man/

    Let me know if you would rather NOT take part!

    Maggy
    info (at) redtedart (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...