Saturday, July 31, 2010

FE...FI...FO...FUNDUS!

This whole "Measuring of the Fundus" thing is new to me.

I am sure they measured it with Samantha, but since our 20 week ultrasound with her, we were getting very frequent growth ultrasounds, so they went by that instead of the "old school" fundal measurement.

At any rate, I had my 30 week check up on Friday...at 30wks 4days. I had to come home and "google" fundal height measurements....having no clue what the LPN was referring to when she's like:

WOW!  YOU MUST HAVE HAD A GROWTH SPURT!

Are you kidding me?

Remember just 2 short weeks ago, we had our 28 week growth ultrasound....showing that Number 2 was measuring 2 1/2 PLUS weeks ahead of schedule?

Well, it turns out that the FUNDUS is saying the SAME THING!

And it just keeps GROWING!

Because I am a Fundus Newbie, I'll explain: it's the measurement from the top of your pubic bone to the top of your uterus, and from 20 weeks on, it's measurement in centimeters is supposedly equal to the number of weeks you are pregnant.

Now I HATE GROWTH CHARTS....I mean....with a PASSION...HATE THEM (dealing with all the "normal" stats when your child does not "fit" will do that to a person)

But just for a visual...here's where Number 2 falls on the Gestation Chart:


So, Baby, if you hear Mommy call you "Monster"..."Beast"....or "Gigantor"...please know that these are terms of endearment....
and I LOVE YOU!


3 comments:

  1. your title had me laughing before I even started reading ... you are one funny, mama!

    you should really do a google image search on gigantor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be another name to add to the baby name list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will HE/she come out walking? I still can't wait to kiss the cheeks! When I had babies that was the only way they measured!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...