Monday, August 30, 2010

Bokeh, Anyone?

Welcome to my FIRST "Photography" Post.
I say that in quotes because I have no formal training so I'm teaching myself as I go.

I Found the blog Ramblings & Photos through my "home-girl", Kimberly.

Ashley has a Scavenger Hunt Every Sunday:



 
So, without further ado....here I go:
 


Bokeh: 

I must admit, I saw this word, and I was like, "WHAT!?!"
Thanks to trusty Google...I figured it out
(In photography, bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light. ..via wikipedia.)
My problem was then: figuring out how to take a shot with good Bokeh with my point and shoot camera.
Needlesstosay, I'm very proud of this one. It's not edited at all, and I shot it completely in Manual mode with my own adjusted settings.
If you are a real photographer, I'd love our opinion...is this Bokeh? I'm clueless.

Business:


Another Manual mode shot.  I took this at work.
As you can see, I'm a Lab Rat.  Very nerdy.
It's my business. :)

Eco-Friendly:


This is our Recycleable Container.
I'm pretty much in love with the fact that our city finally joined the 21t century and got these.  Now if only we could get some Garbage Cans to go with them??  Whatdoyasay Oshkosh???

Repetition:

Our collection of Dr. Seuss Books.
I don't know what's more repetitive....the books themselves, or the number of times we read them.

Music:

The Hubster and his Guitar.
Completely Self-Taught, I might add.
Gives us lots of reason to dance around the house like crazies.

Thanks for Lookin' 
I had fun with this challenge, and I hope to participate in more.
I sure did learn a lot about my camera this week!

5 comments:

  1. great shots. my fave is Eco-Friendly

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you joined us this week - you proved that it's not about the type of camera you have, but the photographer behind the camera. I think you've done well with bokeh...as good as you can on a P&S. I really like your business shot too! I'm now following you and look forward to seeing more. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I really enjoy seeing what people come up with- yours are great! The business one is my fav, but I also like the Dr Suess repetition :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are GREAT!! I like your bokeh, a lot. And besides the same recyclables, we had the same idea for repetition, too :) How funny is that??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok that is really fun! What a great idea. And I love that you admit you are a lab rat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...