Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Apple of My Eye Dress

The day is here.
Our Just-Turned-3-year-old is going to go to school.

Not exactly the plan we had in mind...
But you know what God does when you make plans.
Guess we just like to keep Him laughing.

Today Samantha will start Early Childhood, as she qualifies for delayed Speech/Language.
It's going to be GREAT for her.
She is going to LOVE it!
I, on the other hand, will cry like a baby....and she will be there reassuring, "Okay? Mommy? It's okay, Mommy!", rubbing my back or arm...
She takes such good care of me!

Well, what makes this mama feel better?
Crafting!

My "baby" must have a NEW Outfit for her first day!

I was so happy to be able to whip this up with items I had around the house already:

A Cut-Off Onesie + Scrap Fabric + Steam-A-Seam 2 = The Apple of My Eye Dress



The Apple is a T-shirt Scrap (the leaf, cotton)....and the little extra zip: Hand-stitching & Buttons:



Perfect for the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

9 comments:

  1. I bet she looks great in that (can't imagine a little girl that wouldn't)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that is too cute and now it is official.. You make me sick roflmbo.. sick with jealousy that is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, this first day of school dress is ADORABLE! Love it!

    Thanks so much for stopping by on my SITS day AND for enjoying my "excitement" so much. I know, I'm a total nerd, but I really was ridiculously excited to finally have my "day."

    Oh, and looks like you're having another baby. Congrats and good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetest first day outfit ever.

    And from one sad mama to another...GIANT hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh she will look fabulous. Kat & I cried together on her first day. I am sure Madi will be trying to climb out of the car before we stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! They grow up too fast, huh? I love it when they show that empathy... there's nothing cuter than a kid who knows just how and when to comfort their parent! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...