Friday, September 17, 2010

Home Sweet Home

This guy was READY to come home on Wednesday morning.
Of his healthy 7 lbs 13.7 oz, he maintained 7 lbs. 5 oz.
How, you ask?
He EATS like a CHAMP!
We're solely breastfeeding, and he was born knowing what to do...and he requests nourishment frequently!  It won't be long before he outgrows his sister!  (at this point in Samantha's life, her weight dropped below 5 pounds!)

Time to go Home!

And a brand new BLUE outfit for the big occasion:


While we were busy ushering Cashton into the world, Samantha had Grandma at home...workin' her to the bone!  My husband and mother (mainly my mom) AMAZED me with a CLEAN house when we got home!  I'm talkin' floors...dishes...laundry...and MORE!  I can't tell you how wonderful it was to feel like the house was a little bit under control when I got there.

Samantha was at school when we pulled in, but SOON was home to greet her little brother.


AND HOW SHE BEAMS WITH PRIDE!


and HOW HE STRAINS TO SEE HER TOO!


Sam is SOOO Happy!  and HELPFUL!!!  and GENEROUS!
She's been giving him all her little stuffed animals...(even her BLANKIE!!...for a few minutes :)


If you noticed....he is a bit jaundice.
So, we had his first doctor's appointment the day after we got home.
Like I said, He's AN EATER!!!!  He was back up to 7 lbs. 7.5 oz. in 24 hours of being home!
Which is GREAT!
But his bilirubin was high enough to get him a fancy bed.
We'll be checking his levels again today to see if he can be off of it.
Until then....
He's Chillin' here:


How am I ?
Well, so nice of you to ask!
I'm feeling better everyday. Although, yesterday I pushed it a little too hard, and ended up back on the couch in the evening...oops!  
Cashton has his nights & days mixed up, so he's up and ready to eat every 2 hours (sometimes less) through the night.  I'm very compliant with him for right now....since he needs to get that bilirubin processed and out of his system....and there isn't any chance he can be swaddled while in the bili-bed. :(  Hopefully soon!

Also, can I just say...diapering a boy is a bit challenging for me right now.
 I consider myself successful if I only use 2 diapers in one change. 
We're workin' on it!

12 comments:

  1. he's so handsome! You all look great. And I totally remember the challenges of boy diaper changes! I'd got through at least two a change! :)

    (ps, we have the same pack and play.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad he's doing well... hopefully you can stop the glowbaby routine after today's visit... the fact that he's eating well is a good sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so beautiful BJ .. and my son came home jaundiced. It was summer time so I simply took him outside for the sun.. Your whole family is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. this just makes me smile :o) so happy to hear that you're all doing well! (and WOO HOO to a clean house!! haha!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is beautiful! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, hooray! You're home ... all four of you under the same clean roof :) He is so handsome! And you "sound" beyond blissful! Seeing the pics of Sam and Cashton gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes ... sibling love is so beautiful!

    Enjoy those all-nighters ... perhaps you're won't last nine months like mine have!

    Lots of love from the NW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word he is so stinking precious! And I love Sam's face when she is holding him! There is something so amazing about big sisters. Those two will be teaming up on you in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! He looks perfect! Well done and hope you start getting some sleep time soon! xx take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your sweet little boy. And yay for a good eater and good weight! HOORAY!

    Ok, and I just noticed your little blurb up there about loving peoples comments. HILARIOUS. I check mine a ridiculous amount of times a day too. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melt my heart. So precious!

    Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! What a handsome little man!
    So glad that you and baby are doing well!!

    I just wanted to let you know that there is an award waiting for you over at My Mad World on Monday..
    www.madmomma07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...