Sunday, September 26, 2010

SIWAS: Anything Like Me

As I was being wheeled out of the hospital, I stared down at our newborn son...
So many things were running through my mind.
How am I gonna do this?
What is this BOY going to be like?
I can't wait to learn more about him!

and then we got in the car.
I'm not even making this up.
I never had heard this song before...
But this is what was playing as Randy started the engine,
and let's just say, it made this mama cry.

Anything Like Me
performed by Brad Paisley

I remember sayin' I don't care either way

Just as long as he or she is healthy I'm okay
Then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screen
And said, "You see that thing right there, well you know what that means"


I started wondering who he was going to be
And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me
He'll probably climb a tree too tall and ride his bike too fast
End up every summer wearin' something in a cast
He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass in a window down the street


He's gonna get in trouble, oh he's gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me


I can see him right now, knees all skinned up
With a magnifying glass tryin' to melt the Tonka truck
Won't he be a sight with his football helmet on?
That'll be his first love 'til his first love comes along
He'll get his heart broke by the time he's in his teens
And heaven help him if he's anything like me


He'll probably stay out too late and drive his car too fast
Get a speeding ticket, he'll pay for mowing grass
He's gonna get caught skippin' class and be grounded for a week


He's gonna get into trouble, we're gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me


He's gonna love me and hate me along the way
Years are gonna fly by and I already dread the day
He's gonna hug his momma, he's gonna shake my hand
He's gonna act like he can't wait to leave
But as he drives out he'll cry his eyes out if he's anything like me


There's worst folks to be like, oh he'll be alright if he's anything like me


Do you have a song in your heart this week?
SING ALONG WITH ME!

BJ Mama
1. Write a post in where you use Song Lyrics. It can be sentimental, or just plain mental! Don't forget to credit the writer or performer...just in case we want to look up the song to jam out to later ;)

2. Grab the "Say It with a Song" Button to fancy up your post
3. Come back here and LINK up!
4. Visit the other Songbirds and show them some LOVE...(nobody wants to sing to an empty auditorium)




1 comment:

  1. I am totally crying, and I don't even have boys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...