Saturday, September 11, 2010

So this Contraction Business...

Heck if I know what's "Real" and what's "False" labor!
I've been having what I would most definitely consider Braxton-Hicks contractions on and off for a few weeks now.  That is one thing I am sure of.

On Thursday, at about 10am, it started with a headache and little nausea.  I didn't want to even eat lunch with Samantha, and I couldn't wait until nap time.  (oh, and I was having contractions)  We took a nice nap, and I woke up feeling like I could eat a little....but still with the headache and contractions. 
By the time Randy got home around 4pm, I barely left the couch.  In fact, the only time I did was to use the bathroom.  I even slept there that night.  I thought it was the start of some real labor....the contractions weren't regular, but they were much stronger than I had ever experienced with Samantha before I was actually in labor.

Friday: from 6am-8am = Relief.  Sam & i ate breakfast, got ready, and headed off to school.  As I was driving away from her school.  BIG CONTRACTION!  which was followed by a morning/early afternoon of continuous CONTRACTIONS.  I had a lot of Mommies in my MOPS group very concerned/excited/snapping pictures to capture the moment (ahem, Brenda) 
From 1030 on, I started timing....I was having hot flashes and these things were VERY uncomfortable.  For almost 2 hours, they were coming 10 minutes apart.
My mom was visiting, so I took the opportunity to try and sleep it off.  (Either way, it was going to be a long night....having a baby OR working the night shift)  I was able to sleep for 1 1/2 hours.  I woke up and thought they had gone away.  30 minutes later, they were back.  So was the headache.

I got to go back to sleep from 6-9pm...and then off to work.  On break now.  I'm still contracting.  Some of these are quite painful....even feeling them in my lower back now....but it's hard to tell whether or not they "go away if I'm resting" when it's hard to "rest" while your working.

  • I am drinking PLENTY of water. 
  • I never had to "tell" if I was in labor with Samantha because I was induced FROM NOTHING 3weeks early.  In fact, the nurses told me I was having contractions hours before I even felt them.
  • I've gotten lots of advice & support (Bless you Facebook for giving me a social life)
  • My next scheduled Dr.'s appointment isn't until Thursday. :O
So that's that. 

Is this the beginning of the Real Thing?
Am I going to experience this for weeks yet?

Only time will tell.


8 comments:

  1. Oh mama! I feel your pain ... or at least, I felt your pain! I contracted from 32 weeks on with NHV and 22 weeks on with CJV! Figure I can't have another baby because the contractions will start at 12 weeks! Keep us (ME) updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at 32 weeks now and have been getting sporadic bh for a few weeks... never had them with Liam, but wow they can stop you in your tracks... hope you get some resolution or some more rest! Waiting for news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does activity do for you? I mean walking (not just being awake).

    Your body is getting ready. You can help it, or you can try and slow it down. I know I'd be helping it if it were me:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. now listen....you've got a while to go so that i can win this baby pool!! ;o)

    hang in there! maybe the dr. will have some answers for you. i know what you mean when you don't know what "labor" is. i was in "failed" labor while being induced with emily which resulted in a c section...which means that david was a scheduled c section! yep...two kids later, and i have NO idea what "labor" is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I told you yesterday you need to have this baby today! : ) So lots of Sex, walking, and jumping! That's how this baby will come out!


    Thinking of you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel for you. I didn't really go through that with my daughter. The night before the mucus plug came out (not sure how you say it) & I figured that would be it. So around 1am I woke up with contractions. The bad part is I was in labor for 24 hrs & pushed for 3 hrs & 40 min. Needless to say, I'm only having 1 child. But your baby will be here soon. When I was in the hospital they were having me drink lots of cold water & walk a lot. I had back labor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so much better than me. I'd have been in the ER telling them to take this baby out RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so much better than me. I'd have been in the ER telling them to take this baby out RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...