Thursday, September 2, 2010

Very First Day of School

Disclaimer:  I must start by excusing myself for being a bit fluffy in this post.  I could write a blog page and a half about how traumatic this day was for me...but I will save that for another day.  Not because I don't want to share how I am feeling, but I want to let the dust settle a little bit before I type words I will later regret.  I will say this: I cried.  A LOT.  Not for reasons most mom's cry when they send their children off to a world unknown, like I thought I would...but for more traumatic/uneasy reasons that I think I need more time to process.  This post, however, is dedicated to our AMAZING daughter who had a GREAT FIRST DAY of School!  (I will update you all soon on why Mommy spent an hour of the 2 1/2 hours she was there sobbing)


READY

Sam, are you excited to go to school?
to which she replied with a resounding, "YEAH!"

A Fresh Notebook with her Name on it:
a backpack (big enough to fit said notebook)
BTW, not my choice, but her cousins were pretty darn excited to pick it out for her, and she LOVES that it lights up!

SET:

the scene:


It was even hard to get a picture of her at the front door, because she couldn't get in there fast enough!


and...

GO!

Again, she walked right into that room...all by herself.
Where did you get all that independence, sweetheart? 


In the classroom with her Very 1st Teacher:


Two weeks of being a 3 year old, and she is off to school.
Sam loves to explore and is not shy of new people or things.  This was clear today as she trotted right in that room and went to town playing.
She's the only girl with 4 boy classmates...all of which had a harder time getting in that room and doing the "school thing".
One of my favorite moments to witness was when a little boy arrived with his daddy, and he didn't want to come in the door...Sam walked out the door and tried to "help him"   It was so sweet!  (I had to remind her that he just needed a little time, and he would come in when he was ready)
When I picked her up 2 1/2 hours later...those two were playing together famously!  (The teachers said they played well together the whole time) :)

Samantha Brynn,
Mommy & Daddy love you VERY MUCH
are SO Proud of YOU!
(Daddy even surprised us both by coming home from work for a few minutes to send us off !)

8 comments:

  1. Yay for Samantha... sorry that mommy had a hard day, but glad it was so positive for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice class size. My daughter would be in 7th heaven if she were the only girl. Not because she is boy crazy, but because all she knows is her brothers so she plays well with boys.

    Is it wrong that I wanted to part when I took my 3year old to pre-school this week????

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a big girl!! so happy she loved it!!

    hope you're feeling better! sending some *hugs* your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! I'm glad she did well.

    Sending our babies to school is rough. My youngest just started Kindergarten a week ago and I'm still trying to adjust. I'm sorry you had a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am sending you so many hugs right now! I am so sorry you had such a rough day. And just as you encouraged me to write what was on my heart, I will do the same for you, when you are ready.

    Sam is such a grown-up little princess. She is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am sorry to hear you had such a bad day. Glad to hear Samantha did so well though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am sorry to hear you had such a bad day. Glad to hear Samantha did so well though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hugs for you go on and on! I am so touched by her sweet kindness in trying to comfort that little boy. Wonderful girl you're raising!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...