Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Little Miss INCREDIBLE


Today was Costume Day in Samantha's classroom, so lucky for you...you get a sneak preview of
Little Miss Incredible!

I have to say, I'm a bit impressed with how nice this turned out.  I was able to do this all under $10.
Unfortunately, I wasn't on the ball with taking pictures of everything, but it's fairly easy to explain.

Top: Plain Red Shirt from Walmart with an iron-on logo printed off our computer
Pants: Plain Red Leggings from Walmart
Undies: Old pair of black pants that we had already just cut off the legs.
Belt: Orange Belting just sewn on the front (actually only sewn on the the seams on the sides)
"Boots" & "Gloves": Because I know Sam won't keep gloves on...they are arm wraps made from felt and velcro.  We did the same with the leg wraps and they fit right over her boots.
Mask: MIA!  I know she won't wear it anyway, so I didn't even bother making her one.

I didn't even realize she was wearing her ladybug neckalce until I took all the pictures...by that time, she was done posing for me.
Oh, well!  Even SuperHeros need to accessorize!

(yes, she's grabbing her pull-up...but if I didn't tell you, you might think she's just flexing her muscles, right?)

8 comments:

  1. I like your idea of using velcro instead of actual boots and gloves. She looks fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the costume! I'm impressed w/your no-sew abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE, my kids won't be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You GO GIRL! An amazing Ms Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!! can't wait to see a family shot!!

    -she totally looks like she's flexing!! lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome! I am so NOT creative in that vain. My kids are lucky if they get a costume at all. which is usually just at the mercy of loving family or strangers throwing a costume at us. So go you and your bad self.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK we need to get together so you can teach me a few things. Sewing (well since I don't even have a sewing machine, YET) I have no clue how to do it. I would love to be able to make the kids outfits sometimes. With 5 kids now, it would be so much more affordable. I want to make the boys each a patchwork quilt because I just can't find one that I like, but I have no clue how to make one. Hmmm! I think we need to get together. We're about due for another round of musical chairs again aren't we?? Congrats on Cashton too, sorry it's so late. Mehret's 7 weeks now and I am just finally getting around to checking blogs again and "normal" life if there is such a thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is absolutely flexing! No pull-up grabbing here! And fabulous job on the costume Mom.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...