Thursday, October 21, 2010

Oh, the Moon...

Oh, the Moon
Shines down on Charlie Chaplin.
His shoes are crackin'
They need a Blackin'
And his old grey pants,
They need a patchin'
Cause he's been scra-atchin'
MOSQUITO BITES!

Just a little ditty my Grandma always used to sing.  I have no idea where it came from and I have never heard it from anyone else....
I like it that way.
Grandma Flo is one special lady.
Where do you think my mom...and then me...and now Samantha got our love for music? 

And I am so excited that Grandma got to meet Cashton this week.
 They are a pretty cute pair, huh?
(too bad she still thinks his name is Austin...at 95, your hearing just ain't what it used to be)

Her room was very entertaining.
Grandma has an affinity for little animals that sing songs.
Sam LOVED to dance and sing for her.
The music provided by Grandma's brood:
"Jesus Loves Me" by White Bear
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" by Rudy, himself
and the crowd favorite
"The Chicken Dance" by Little Chick

Don't worry, our song list did not end there.
Sam led us in:
The Wheels on the Bus
Where is Thumbkin?
and
Into My Heart

Of course, we couldn't leave without a
4 Generation Picture 
(best of 8 on a timer)

We love you Grandma!
Thanks for the FUN visit!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun visit! And I love that Cashton/Austin and his great grammy coordinated their stripes :)

    Great Grandma's rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that song is a parody to a song titled Little Redwing.

    How sweet that Samantha got to entertain your Grandmother, I am sure she loved it.

    So Cashton has a nickname, it's not the worst nickname ever, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...that is precious! We love the Old Grandmas around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun visit and so wonderful that you captured it on film. Hilarious that she gets his name wrong!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...