Friday, December 3, 2010

Back to Work...LEAVE OVER!

I'm sorry to bombard you with yet another serious post (two days in a row!) 
But this is what my world is all about today:

GAME MATERNITY LEAVE OVER!

At 2200 tonight CST, I will be punching into to work.
UGH!
I think I will do better than I did when I went back to work after Samantha was born....poor 19 year-old gas station attendant asked how I was doing that night, and I broke down right there in front of him, sobbing.  Oh, now that is a memory I look back on now and laugh hysterically about!  Dude didn't know what hit him!
But, it's different this time.
I'm worried about Randy taking on the night shift with the kids.  Not that I think he can't do it...just that he hasn't even attempted.  I've been trying to prep him by making him get up with Sam when she wakes up in the middle of the night.  (But he pretty much just crawls into bed with her and falls asleep...something I never do.  She usually just needs a hug and a song and maybe another hug or 2, then night-night)
Cashton, on the other hand....every night (with the exception of last night) wakes up around 2 or 3am and nurses...then goes back to sleep until 5 or 6am (about the same time Sam wakes up for good)  Sounds pretty easy, right?  Well, he REFUSES to take a bottle.  R.E.F.U.S.E.S! 
Since he slept through the night last night, I'm praying that he will continue this miracle....otherwise Randy will have a few rough nights in his future....

Aside from me worrying about everyone else....I'm going to throw a little pity party for me...just for a second. I WANT TO BE A SAHM!  I am not excited about the lack of sleep in my future.  I admit, it is our choice to not have our children in daycare....so to do this, I work nights, Randy works days, and I don't sleep. :(  With just one kiddo, it was hard, but at least I got to nap when she did.....now I have two to take care of.
Needless to say, I'm sad, and I'm scared.

Please, Pray for me.....

12 comments:

  1. Wow, I can understand your fear. Best of luck to you. I hope you're able to get some sleep in!

    In Canada there is 1 year maternity leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, it will all work out. So how did the first night go? Are you surviving today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do this but what if you had an opportunity to become a SAHM that works her own hours helping people? What if you could get the nutrition your body needs, find health in doing that and teach others how to do it as well? I think you would love it and I think since you have ahelper's spirit it would be right up your alley.
    Shoot me an email we need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do this but what if you had an opportunity to become a SAHM that works her own hours helping people? What if you could get the nutrition your body needs, find health in doing that and teach others how to do it as well? I think you would love it and I think since you have ahelper's spirit it would be right up your alley.
    Shoot me an email we need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe it or not, I understand. I worked 3rd shift through the birth of three kids. No daycare. It was rough.

    I hate that anyone has to do that to enjoy having a family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh friend. Sending tons of hugs and prayers your way. I am right there with you - was a SAHM until V was 3 months old, and have had to work ever since. I long for the day I can return. Take advantage of every snuggle opportunity you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and lots of Starbucks, or green tea or whateve you like, are in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww! I am so sorry! I know how hard it is to try to do it all, on top of the guilt of not being able to be a SAHM. (My kiddo stays with Grandma for a few hours four days a week... and I miss him too).

    Praying for a smooth transition, for blessings, for sleep, and for energy, and for God to provide whatever changes are needed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending hugs and prayers that it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It will be long days! Daughter in law work night shift as a nurse and comes home to 3 kids. Wasn't so bad with the two that were older 4 and 5 but then came came the baby and he is a handful. So different than the other 2. She ended up getting a sitter to come to the house for a few hours so she could get sleep if she had to work the next night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. :( That's it. Just a pouty face.

    I cannot imagine doing what you're doing / about to do. I'm delirious with sleep deprivation after an entire year of feeding CJV through the night ... if I had to work, too, ... forget about it!

    So, I'll say it again ... YOU ARE AMAZING! If anyone can do this (and do it well), it is YOU, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow- I am in the EXACT same boat- day care too expensive anyway, so I work nights and my huband watches one son and a friend watches the baby- (turns out hubby really COULDN'T handle it...)
    but there is a light at the end of my tunnel.

    I will pray for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...