Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 2: Hollywood Studios

Our second day was much more organized...and boy, did that pay off!
My SIL and I planned out the night before exactly what we wanted to see and do and where it was in the park.  We had a game plan.  Unfortunately, their family got sick the night before and morning of, so they didn't get to join us. :(

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
After a quick bee-line dash to the Toy Story Mania Ride to get a FastPass (which I suggest EVERYONE does immediately upon entering this park)...we made our way to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid.  I was scared to take my camera out in this show since you are "underwater" as soon as the it starts.  (Meaning, you are getting wet)  But Randy snapped this shot of me and the kiddos before we entered.

Up next: Playhouse Disney So CUTE for Sam...because we actually got to sit on the floor, dance and move with Mickey and Friends.  Very interactive!  Very fun!
A SUPER exciting SURPRISE was waiting for us when we came out of Playhouse Disney...
OUR NEIGHBOR, CLAIRE!
Claire spent this past semester working/studying at Disney, and we really missed seeing her smiling face next door.  Especially at 5am when she would help watch Sam between mine and Randy's jobs.
We ate at the 50's Primetime Cafe...where the waitresses act like your mother, make you set the table...and scold you for having your elbows on the table. 

Randy was most excited to play in the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playgroundSam had fun on the ant.
and giving the puppy Eskimo kisses.

BEST SHOW in HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS, BY FAR:
BEAUTY & THE BEAST
ahhh....
The music...The dancing!  I can't believe Sam slept through the whole thing! (Well, I kind of can since she was totally wiped out by the time the show started)

Indiana Jones Stunt Show was not only very cool...it was funny too!
They take you "behind the scenes" of how they perform fight sequences and blow stuff up:


Alas, the moment everyone stands in line for....TOY STORY MANIA  Is it a ride?  Is it a show?  Is it a Game?  I actually had no clue before we actually hopped in our little cart.
All prepped with our 3D glasses.
It was very fun: A carnival-style shooting game where you compete against the person you are riding with.
Sam rode in-between Randy and I and watched.
Randizzle won.
(I call NOT FAIR!  He's a Marine!)



The NIGHT LIFE here was BY FAR the Highlight of our Disney Trip for me.
We were able to catch the Last night of the Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights for the Holiday season.
It was so AWESOME, that I'm giving it its own post tomorrow.
hehe.

You'll have to return then to see the rest ;)

But, wait, we got to see FANTASMIC too!
I really didn't get many good pictures of it.  It's hard nursing and photographing in the dark, ya know?
I have to admit though, I don't know how kids can sit through it,...it scared me!  All the Disney villains crept into Mickey's dreams....TONS of laser & water effects.  YIKES!
Of course, Mickey overcame them in the end :)

This was our LONGEST Day at the Parks...9am-9:30pm!
GOOD TIMES!
Just very tiring..


3 comments:

  1. Just think if you were there in the summer, you would have to have longer days to see the night shows.

    I can't wait till we go. I am going to be coming back here to your blog to get ready for the trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a blast. We went to Disney World last year (were there when you had Cashton!) but we only made it to the Magic Kingdom, although I am wishing we would have gone to the other parks after your pics. I am thinking next time of the Disney Cruise - have you ever done one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a blast! I can't believe you all lasted that long :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...