Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Letterboxing Adventures in Florida

Half way through our week in Florida, we took a day break from the Disney theme parks.  It was very much needed, but I couldn't stay at our beautiful resort and just relax...
Not when there are LETTERBOXES to be found!

Yep, Cashton and I joined my brother and his family on a little letterboxing adventure down in Florida. (Sam & Randizzle stayed back at the resort to swim)

This is one of the things that really drew me to letterboxing in the first place: being able to hunt for them all over the world...and in turn, learn something about the area we travel to!  Educational and fun all at the same time.

The letterbox series we searched was planted to highlight some endangered and threatened plant species in Orange County, Florida.

Here are a few of them:

Garberia

Sand Live Oak


Palmetto

Lichens

Tarflower

What a contrast from the Snow and Cold we left behind in Wisconsin for the week!
Here's Cash and I with my brother.
We are viewed as the Ambassadors of Letterboxing in our family.
People are jealous.
(I'm talkin' to you, Megan)

For more of our Letterboxing Adventures click on the Link at the top of the blog! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice - Joel is proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you did it in Florida too! I so need to get started :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...