Saturday, March 12, 2011

Makin' Baby Food

"It would be much easier if you just had your second child first."

SO TRUE!

If I knew all the things I know now about being a parent when we had our first child, I would have done so many things different--not necessarily better. Just different.  More relaxed.  More Confident.  Not been afraid to fail. 
Seriously, what does this have to do with Baby Food?
Well, I wish I would have made it for Samantha.
For some reason I thought I didn't have time...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
That makes me laugh so hard now.
Anyway,

IT'S SO QUICK!
SO EASY!
SO CHEAP!

DO THIS!
Go grab a bunch of Bananas.  Toss them in a Blender.  Done.

Or get a little more adventurous and
Buy a Squash, Slice it in half.

Roast it at 400 degrees in a dish of water for 45 min.

Scoop out the meat

Puree.

Freeze in Ice Cube Trays

One squash made 2 full ice cube trays!

And look at that color! 
Makes you wonder what happens to the baby food in the jar...

Wanna make a different kind?
Go to Wholesome Baby Food for more recipes and ideas!
FUN!

6 comments:

  1. I just got one of my books yesterday from the library and it amazes me how EASY it is!! There are some concoctions that sound really good for ME! Can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made all of Will's food and plan to do the same for Megan. It really is so easy! It's even better if you can set aside a few hours and make up several different kinds at once, then you're set for a couple weeks. Even the different kinds of cereal - rice, oat, millet, etc. - no need to make stuff from a box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha - that statment is SO TRUE! After having baby #2 I always was laughing to myself about how easy a baby is but that I didn't realize it until baby #2. I think it was because I was unsure of what I was doing with #1.
    Either way - have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything my daughter ate was homemade by myself or her daycare provider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me get this straight. First you make a non-stop supply of milk. Then you made bibs. And now pureed delicacies! Seriously? You're making the rest of us look bad ... I only did one out of those three :)

    You're amazing. Pure and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are supermom :) That is so great! I made babyfood for Lil' C too but I got lazy after awhile and went back to organic jar food.... Maybe if we have a 3rd I will finally get it right :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...