Monday, April 11, 2011

DA-DA!

We've got a Mama's Boy on our hands...

More often than not, when I am trying to get a few hours of sleep in at night before I need to leave for the night shift, I hear Cashton screaming downstairs.  I try to ignore it.  Daddy can handle him.  But, it's impossible to sleep through it.  Cash gets himself so worked up!
A few nights ago, this exact scenario was playing out.

I got out of bed and walked downstairs to help.  Randy is trying his best, but with a Mama's boy...only one thing will work:  Mama.
It takes approximately 60 seconds to calm Cashton down.  Lucky for me, I am Mama.  Most of the time, that's all it takes!  This time was no different.  His sobs subside, and he buries his head in my neck.  Through tear-filled eyes, he careens his head around to find Daddy, and a huge smile graces his face.
It's heart melting....and I'm sure a bit frustrating for Daddy all at the same time....
and then......
"DA-DA!"

Cashton's first word! 

Randy's face went from frustrated defeat to complete shock and awe! 

I, however, was a little torn.  So excited for those first words!  So happy that Daddy got a little love after all the frustration of not being "Mommy"......and yet, feeling a little jipped.

At any rate, it's super cute hearing him start to jabber.....our little man is growing up!

4 comments:

  1. what a wonderful little story!! It is great to be a mom regardless if we are the first words or not. There is nothing more gratifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember, actions speak louder than words.

    I can't believe how fast he is growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEKKK too fast too fast.. he is growing up too fast. I think every baby says da da first just to make up for the bond they have with us. Dads got to have something to hang onto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right with you Brit. Lydia now has 3 words under her belt, none of which are 'mama', or 'dada' for that matter. Apparently, 'doggies', 'babies', and her 'ball' are more important to her than her parents :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...