Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inspection Day!


Our house inspection is today!
I'm EXCITED.....and Nervous....and I can't even wrap my head around this....

We haven't even seen our "almost" house in 8 WEEKS!!!!

EIGHT!

One of the biggest reasons I've been so tight-lipped about this new house purchase is, there has been an ENORMOUS amount of waiting.  Approval after approval.....4 weeks until this...2 weeks until that.....48 hours till this......48 hours for that....

Now it seems like everything is lining up.....and we still have to get through the "normal" parts of house purchasing.  AAAHHHH!!!!!

We received some paperwork a couple days ago:  Closing is set for June 30th.  That's 14 days away!

Did I mention we haven't stepped foot onto this property for 8 WEEKS?!?!?!  and we get to see it today?!?!?! 

And all I can think about is how much I want to paint it.....and what colors?  I don't want to make a quick decision and have it be wrong......but I would like to paint before we move our children things in.....

Am I getting ahead of myself?

It's been kind of easy to forget about this because there were weeks we didn't hear a single word about what was going on.  I was barely real.

14 days....this is REAL! 

I have really been trying not to get too excited about it.  I didn't want to get my hopes up.....

It is now OFFICIALLY TOO LATE FOR THAT!

3 comments:

  1. this would be so stressful to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything works out with the inspection.
    Moving sucks but having a new home is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you sell your current home already? Where is your new home located? I completely recommend painting first before moving everything in. That's what I did this time. I had 4 days to paint everything. I just painted until I could hardly move anymore, literally. I even pulled an all-nighter. I am SO thankful that I did. I didn't have any of our furniture or bedding or anything to match paint samples with since all our stuff was enroute from Hawaii but I guessed, and I it turned out GREAT. Definitely paint first. I also HIGHLY recommend going to Lowes and Home Depot and asking to see their "oops" paint. It's the paint that they previously mixed for a different customer but that customer wasn't satisfied with the color. There is NOTHING wrong with the paint. They sell it for $5 a lot of times. I have saved SO much money doing this. I get the great brands like Behr and Valspar for $5 for a gallon instead of $25-$35 a gallon. It's completely worth it to start checking now and then wait until the last minute to buy the paint you need if you haven't found something in the OOPS section. More than likely you'll find a few gallons in the OOPS section though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...