Thursday, July 28, 2011

July Mantle

 I know July is almost over...BUT

It's the first time I've ever even had a mantle...much less been able to decorate one!

I couldn't resist displaying some PATRIOTIC and LOVED pictures to start off my Mantle Decorating Days!


  •  To Celebrate our Anniversary (which was on the 4th), the main focal point is our 16x20 wedding "MONEY SHOT" Wedding Sparkler photo. This picture, by the way, was HUGE in our old house. Now it looks so small, :)
  • The small picture on the right is an old picture of my grandma and grandpa. My grandma passed away on the 1st of this month at the tender age of 96.
  • The white horse was in her room over the past few years...she LOVED white horses. Believed in their luck. Everytime we passed one she said a little ditty: "Lucky, lucky white horse...Lucky, lucky lee...Bring good luck to Little Old Me!" 
  • Other assorted Americana decor I have gathered up over the years. In fact, I believe both of those pieces were purchased AFTER the 4th at Hobby Lobby at 80% off!  LOVE THAT PLACE!
Showing Off My Stuff with Fireflies & Jellybeans today!


2 comments:

  1. I like the thought of a monthly theme, but I'm not that organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I too have my first fireplace mantle this year, but since the house is still in renovations, it has yet to be decorated :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...