Monday, July 25, 2011

Our Household Family Binder

It's time to get this NEW House in ORDER!

Over the past few months, I've heard a lot of "How do you do all you do?"  "Where do you find the time?"  "I could NEVER do everything you do!"  And while I know these are all meant as compliments...they make me feel very guilty.

Truth is: I don't. 

I show you all the FUN things I make time for in our lives.  The projects, the blogs, the playtime,.....you don't see the mess behind it all.  Frankly it drives me nutso some days.  While all of you busy bee mommies (and daddies) are keeping a clean/organized household....ours sometimes is chaotic!  Dirty clothes/dirty floors/dirty dishes pile up.....and on and on.

While linking up to a craft linky party last week....I stumbled upon my EXACT opposite: Jen.  First impression, we could be very similar:  She's a creative mom that loves bright colors and crafting and home decor....but it comes to an ABRUPT HALT there.  Her blog is called I heart Organizing.   LOL!  Mine should be called "I heart someone else to come and clean and organize FOR me"

Well, she inspired me.  (I know, Kim....you inspire me too ;)  I need to get my life in order.  Our house in order.  I NEED TO!  And there's no better time than the present right?  I mean, I want this new house to be a FRESH start for our family.  So let's keep it FRESH!

Jen did a challenge back in March to create a Family Binder.
OH HOW I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN!!
(Because back then she was a DOLL and gave everyone FREE printables to create their own right along with her)
Not that she's not a DOLL now.....just that FREE is always better ;)
Now you can purchase her templates from her Etsy shop though.

Of course, I'm El Cheapo  (or would that be La Cheapa?)  And made up my own sheets based off of her ideas...hope you don't mind Jen! :)  I would say if you are in the market for these types of organizing templates and you don't want to make up your own...you won't find them any cuter than hers!

But here is what I have so far:

 I'm going to LOVE having all our important contact info all in one place!
 ...and in ADDITION to Jen's Home Maintenance List, I made a whole YEAR checklist!  (That might be the Med Tech in me seeping out a bit)


Another Amazing resource I used was the Free Calendar Pages I printed from AnythingButPerfect

Of course, Randy is SUPER skeptical that I might actually stick to this.  (I do think he may be right
But today is a NEW day!  Anything is Possible, right?  Pray for me.  :)

.....and then I can tackle all of Jen's OTHER PROJECTS

5 comments:

  1. " While all of you busy bee mommies (and daddies) are keeping a clean/organized household...."

    I know you weren't talking about my household.

    Good Luck with the binder.

    I would try to do one, but I would get absolutely no help from the dh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE I Heart Organizing........ Looks good! Just in time for your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lists! The binder sounds awesome, but... right now I know there's now way I'd keep up. So for now I will stick with my lists. Keep us posted on how the binder goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to tell myself that the mommies who seem to have perfectly put together houses and well-behaved kids and who *gasp* are actually able to arrive somewhere on time are markedly deficient in some other way..... I'm sure it's not always true, but it makes me feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks AMAZING and so organized! Job well done my friend! I am so glad you shared it with me, I just love to see how everyone took the project and ran with it!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...