Friday, July 15, 2011

Rainbow Wall Mural


The highlight of Samantha's New Room.
A RAINBOW!
It's one of the ways we explained to Sam what it means to move to a new house. 
A new house means a NEW ROOM.
It was mildly painful for me...since we just finished her Big Girl Bedroom in our old house less than a year ago.  I loved that room.
It was all designed around her quilt...and if you remember what a chore that became.....

Well, it turns out...I LOVE this room EVEN MORE!
and so does Sam!

As soon as I asked her if she'd like a Rainbow in her new room,
it was ALL SHE TALKED ABOUT!
"Mama, you paint a rainbow on my wall?"
"Yes, Sam....in our NEW house"
"Mama, you paint a rainbow on THIS wall?"
"No, Sam...I am not going to paint a rainbow in the bathroom....I am going to paint a Rainbow in your NEW room, at our NEW house."
"Mama, you paint a rainbow on THIS wall?"
"No, Sam...I am not going to paint a rainbow in the kitchen....I am going to paint a Rainbow in your NEW room, at our NEW house."
"Mama, you paint a rainbow on THIS wall?"
"No, Sam...I am not going to paint a rainbow in the car....I am going to paint a Rainbow in your NEW room, at our NEW house."
Get the picture?
She was REALLY excited!
...........................................

This is what her room looked like before we moved in:
Supplies I used:
Paint Brushes
Acrylic Craft Paint
(I highly recommend "Folk Art" brand.  It's much thicker than the others I've tried.  This will make you very happy when you don't have to paint multiple layers just to get good coverage)

 This hardest part was the beginning.  I have a problem with patterns or even drawing out what I want before I start.  It's a balanced combination of laziness & impatience.
So I just opened up the yellow craft paint and went to town.
If you are as "lazy & impatient" as I am.  This will allow for mistakes...because yellow is the easiest to cover up...you can see the rough edges of my stripe.
 Next I added the Orange...
 Then the Red.....and the Green...
 then the Blue....and finished off with Purple.
I do still need to touch up the the purple edges, but at this point I was exhausted:
Physically and Emotionally....(I'll explain this in a later post)
And this is what Samantha sees when she is laying in her bed. :)

I LOVE how it turned out!

Come back next week for the FULL Bedroom Reveal...and Samantha's reaction!

...................................
For MORE Fantabulous Projects....visit Momma's Kinda Crafty
AND




2 comments:

  1. ummm can you paint a rainbow on my wall?? OK well maybe not a rainbow but something besides a funky huge purply rose looking thing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, need to bring you down here to have you help me re do the whole house.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...