Friday, August 26, 2011

Antique Archaeology 101

Have you seen "American Pickers" on the History Channel?
It's like Hoarders meets Pawn Stars for the History junkie!
I LOVE IT!
This past weekend our family went camping down in Illinois and we were a stone's throw across the Mississippi River from THE American Pickers home base!
Now, I wouldn't have even known this if it weren't for my brother...
who not only is an American Pickers Fan,
but also happens to share my passion for
And we hit a Jackpot HERE!
So, if you're ever near Le Claire, Iowa...
I definitely recommend finding this little shop

They have so much cool stuff to see...
I'd love to be more descriptive, but how do you categorize it besides
STUFF?!?!

REALLY cool OLD stuff.
We even saw the truck they drive around in finding their "picks"

Unfortunately Mike & Frank weren't at the shop that day (which was sad, these two guys CRACK.ME.UP.)...but Danielle was!  And I don't care what my brother says.  She was there the day we went.  Greeted us with a Big bEAR hUG Friendly Smile and said she wanted to be my best friend Hello.
No, I don't have a picture.
You'll just have to trust me.

And now, when we watch the show...it makes us feel extra special cause we've been there! 
dorks.
we know.

5 comments:

  1. We love that show and I work pt at the machine shed (in pewaukee), and they picked the shed warehouses where they keep all the stuff the decorate the restaurants with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh! I am SO jealous/happy for you! I love American Pickers! When I go rummaging I like to pretend I am Mike :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love that show!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a HUGE fan of that show and have been wanting to visit their shop since the show started. How was the pricing? Did they jack everything up double on what they payed for it? I'm so jealous, I need to go to Iowa now...STAT!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...