Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Danny, We Meet Again!...and a teeny Favor...

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to hang out with my BFF Danny Gokey again...
You know, just another day in the exciting life of me! :)
If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you may remember back when Season 8 of American Idol was coming to an end....the 3 remaining contestants made their Hometown Visits.  Danny Gokey happens to hale from the GREAT STATE of WISCONSIN  (just one of the many things we have in common :)  So, Samantha and I made a trip down to Milwaukee to celebrate with the city and give him some Good 'Ol Wisco LOVE! 
Want a little flashback action?

What brought Danny back into my life again?  Well, he was a special guest of the It's All About You Women's Expo in Downtown Milwaukee this past weekend.  His charity, The Sophia's Heart Foundation, was the expo's  benefactor, and he graciously came to speak about all the amazing work the Foundation has been able to accomplish since it began. 
I'm not sure if you know his story before he tried out for American Idol, but he shared it with us, and to say it is moving would be the understatement of the century! 
I would love to share it with you, but I wouldn't even begin to do it justice.  So, please, I encourage you to visit his website here and read all about his journey.

Danny shared with us all the great things he has been able to do through his Foundation...which although based out of Nashville, TN also has a program in his hometown, Milwaukee, WI.  focusing on Music & Arts.  Shout OUT to the Sophia's Heart Choir that performed!!! You KIDS ROCK!

Anywhooooo....about that favor....Sophia's Heart needs our help to win a $50,000 grant!  And it's FREE for you and I!!!! There's 2 WAYS:
1.)  TEXT: sophiasheart  to the Number: 244326 
2.) Go to THIS SITE and Enter Sophia's Heart into the business tab and Nashville, TN for location

It's going to ask you a couple questions about why you like this foundation....and such.  Danny told us we could just say, "Because Danny Gokey is Awesome."  Which, we TOTALLY did!  Because, he most certainly IS! :)

I mean, he even signed some of my BeezLegz for me!!!! :)  I'm keeping one and donating another....who's the lucky charity?.......you know who you are cause you had a very telling dream about this very thing :)


So, PLEASE go VOTE!!!! Help Sophia's Heart HELP more people!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Sophia's Heart Foundation... so sad, so touching, so the exact meaning of love. What a great way to remember and honor one's loved one.

    -carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm off to check out Sophia's Heart. So cool that you got to meet him twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something tells me, you are going to meet him again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, went and voted for your BFF and his organization. So touching, PRAYING they get the Grant.
    Second, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? YOU ARE THE BEST!!And what strange timing for a dream!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun and what a great orginazation! And look at you stylin in your own product!! That's the best way to "get the word out"!! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...