Monday, September 19, 2011

Double the Birthday, Double the FUN!

Saturday we got to celebrate Cashton's 1st Birthday...but we celebrated EXTRA hard because we were celebrating Cashton's cousin, Isaac's, 5th birthday as well.

You know how I feel about birthday themes :)  It was a tough one this time because we wanted a theme that was relevant to both boys.
Then it dawns on me: TRUCKS!

Cashton's 1st Birthday Cake was pretty simple.  I used a new truck and fill the bed with a mixture of Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Pudding:

Isaac's Cake was a little bit more time consuming, but super cute..and by cute I mean rugged and manly.
It's a Chocolate & Butter Pecan Layered Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
The "dirt" is food-processed Oreos.
Isaac got to keep the trucks too!
 Looking back the the pictures I took, I must say, I was very disappointed with myself.  I think I was too busy with the food that I didn't get as many shots as I wanted. :(

I did manage to snap this one of the mantle though.
(Birthday Banner & Cashton's Birthday Quilt Square...I'll post more about those later)

HERE'S the 5 YEAR OLD!
Hope you had FUN, Isaac!


The the ONE YEAR OLD
 I like to call this:
"The Phases of Cake Eating"

In the end, I think he liked it...he's always so willing to share too!


Hey, look, I made a photo appearance!
and, AGAIN!
Woah!

Well, 1st BOY BIRTHDAY Party in the BOOKS!
And we're all Dirtier and Better for it!

5 comments:

  1. I love the truck cake...great idea!! I may have to "steal" that one for my sons 3 yr party next May!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes are too cute and ingenious really. I cannot believe little man is 1 already... eeek where did the time go??

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun theme

    worth washing chocolate cake and pudding out of your own hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad i missed the cake eating bit, but glad i got to see them in person!! you are one talented mama :)

    -carmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the cakes! I have a cousin who's much more talented (and much less lazy) than me in that area, so I haven't even attempted making Will's cakes. Maybe I'll do Megan's...but probably not. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...