Tuesday, November 29, 2011

JOY-ous Christmas Decor

Our New House has LOTS of Wall Space.
This is a BIG change for me....and as such, since we moved it's been difficult to hang things up....not the right scale, not sure of the right placement.....
You know what got me to change that?!?!?!

My FAVORITE DECORATING SEASON OF ALL:  CHRISTMAS!!!!

I feel like I've finally got my creative juices flowing again.  Maybe it's the beginning of my 2nd Trimester Energy Boost?  Maybe it's that I finally am starting to feel at home in the new place?  I'll tell you, the more I decorate....the more I want to create!  It's an amazing feeling.  I feel like myself again! ahhhh....

Okay, well, on with the show then.

I don't know about you, but every time I see a small wreath, I always wonder what in the WORLD people do with such a tiny thing?  Up until last week all I was getting was flashes of "Home Interior" Parties my mom used to host....dried eucalyptus....oh, the 90's, you were something else....

I was at Goodwill the other day and saw this plain Jane,  12 incher for $1.99..(P.S. if you live in the Oshkosh area....there's a twin there :)


I picked up these wood letters at the Hob Lob for $1.99 each

 If you know me....You know what I'm gonna do next:  SPRAY PAINT 'EM!!!
I chose GOLD.  Classy. Christmas-y. Crazy AWESOME!

And they reside above our Kitchen sink....
And Make me JOY-ous!
(even when I'm doing the dishes.....I expect this feeling to wear off in a few short days)


Linkin' Up with some other Crafty Parties:
Today's Creative Blog Get Your Craft ON
Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Home Stories A to Z Tutorials & Tips
Nothing But Country Creative Creations
The Inspired Collection's Totally Inspired Tuesdays

7 comments:

  1. This is great!! You almost could leave that up all year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! At first I was thinking - really, a wreath??? Thay does not seem like her style! The end result is simple, elegant & looks fantastic against the blue wall. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! It is so simple and so cute! I would love for you to share it at my linky party going on now over at The Inspired Collection! Hope you will stop by!

    Kelli
    www.theinspiredcollection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple yet what a statement. You are a genius! I am a new follower from Nothing But Country. I have stumbled this post. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marybeth (sheboygan)December 1, 2011 at 5:36 PM

    Ditto of Vicky's comment but boy am I glad to find you! We decorate in JOY all year but especially at christmas. It is my daughter's name (she is special needs and she epitomizes the word!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. It is so simple yet perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...