Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sleigh Co. Family Sign

About 3 summers ago I picked up this wooden sleigh at a Rummage Sale for 50 cents.
It's pretty big...and solid...and 50 cents worth of AWESOME!

Well, I never did anything with.  Had no inspiration.
Had no room in our old house.


With all the Wall Space in our new house....I decided to hang it up!

First it needed a little extra flair.
I came up with what I wanted it to say, and printed off the lettering from Microsoft Word.


Wish I could tell you I did some fancy trick to transfer the letters to the sleigh, but I just free-handed it.

Then painted it with a Vintage White craft paint.



The finishing touch:
A little sanding to give it the Worn, Vintage Look:



Linkin' Up with:
Someday Craft's Whatever Goes Wednesday
Blue Cricket Design's Show and Tell
Ginger Snaps WOW me Wednesday
Sew Woodsy's What's Up Wednesday

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! I am looking for a sleigh next summer at the garage sales!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! I love the sleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! and great job!

    My cousin does lettering free-hand like that as well. I've tried, but it doesn't turn out nearly that good! It's a talent for sure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...