Saturday, December 17, 2011

Easy Christmas Candy

Every year, my sister and I make Christmas candy to give as gifts....
It's a trial & error sort of thing.
Over the years we have kept some EASY recipes to fall back on when our "new Adventures" don't pan out....
BUT this year....EVERYTHING WORKED!
And is DELICIOUS!!!
So I thought I'd share.
We are ALL ABOUT EASY.
So these are SUPER QUICK!

FRUITY POPCORN
made from any kind of Flavored Jello you can find!
I chose Cranberry & Lime.  UNBELIEVABLY TASTY!
Find the HOW TO HERE


Also NEW to the MIX
Raspberry Truffles & Caramel Truffles
RASPBERRY TRUFFLE Recipe found HERE
CARAMEL Truffle Recipe (I'll have to get back to you on that one)
this is the closest we got to a Candy-FAIL this year. They need to be stored in the freezer at all times or they melt into puddles....thing is: they still taste VERY yummy.


as long as the NEW stuff kept working...
I went ahead and attemped
HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOWS
Recipe and Very Specific Instructions found HERE
I have to TOOT my own horn with these....the ladies said you NEED a standing mixer. (those are comments made by the lucky people that shine their Kitchen-Aid mixers once a week just to taunt the little guys (namely me) who dont' HAVE a Kitchen-Aid mixer)  So, I set out to prove them wrong and show them that I could do it ALL by Myself....hand-mixer and me VS. Marshmallow. I WON!  TOOT! TOOT!
p.s. Santa, this is the 5th year I've asked for one of those Kitchen-Aids.  I have been very good. :)


The STANDBY FAVORITE:
OREO Truffles
Simple Simon:
Grind up a Bag of Oreos (any flavor) in a food processor along with 8oz. cream cheese.
Scoop out into 1 inch balls.
Cover with melted chocolate.
Done.
Extra Chocolate goes GREAT on pretzels!

We also made 3 kinds of Fudge:
Mint Fudge
Peanut Butter Fudge
and
of course,
CHEESE Fudge!

I'll have to write a Fudge Post SOON! :)

Linkin' Up with:

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Looks yummy!! Another really easy one is just dip full oreos in the almond bark! That is super easy and a big hit at our house!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...