Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Felt Food: FREE Breakfast Pattern & Tutorial

AKA: the MOST anticipated Christmas Gift of 2011!!!!
(read as...Mama is SUPER excited for Samantha to open this one)

I'm rather late to the felt food craze, but I've completely jumped on the bandwagon now.  In fact, once I started seeing all the fun things you could make, I came up with a few of my own patterns.  And because it's Christmas....and Christmas is ALL about GIVING....I'm giving them to you too!

Not everything pictured is my own pattern, but I have listed where to find the ones I did not design, so you can make those too!  Isn't this fun!?!?!?!  I've been told more than once that I'm probably more excited than Sam will be to get these.  (this is most likely true...but you have not seen her do the "IT's CHRISTMAS TIME!! IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME" Freak Out everytime she sees our tree or lights...so I a holding out hope her excitement for her new food will be the same)

Here are the Pattern Pieces.  This is an 8.5x11 sheet, so you can save this image to your computer and print it out accordingly.  All the sewing was done by hand.  Just a needle and embroidery thread!



Pancakes: Cut 2 circles for each pancake. stuff ever so slightly, and sew closed.  For the top pancake with syrup on it:  Sew Slab of butter on syrup, sew syrup on top of one pancake circle, THEN sew the 2 pancake circles together.

Bacon: Cut 2 strips for each piece of bacon.  The "fat" is just thin strips of pink felt sewn to the first strip of bacon.  Once the fat is sewn on, sew the 2 strips together without stuffing.

Eggs:  I have drawn out one shape for an egg.  Feel free to use this twice, or make your own shape!  you'll cut 2 for each egg white and 1 yellow yolk.  Start sewing the yolk to one piece of egg white and stuff it before you close the edge up.  Then sew the two egg whites together without stuffing.

Apple Slices: Cut out the core piece and use it as a pattern to trace the core on to the "apple fruit" with pencil.  Embroider the seed in the center of the core.  Stitch along the pencil line of the core with like-colored thread.  Cut out the apple peel.  Stitch the fruit edge to the Peel.....stuff before closing.  If you make 6, you should have a Complete Apple.

Orange Slices:  Cut out Orange fruit circle and embroider "sections" but stitching 3 lines that bi-sect in the center.  Attach Orange fruit to center of orange rind by stitching around the circle of the "fruit".  Fold this combined circle in half and sew Orange Peel to the edges...stuffing it before closing.  Making 6 of these will give you a complete orange.
Banana:  Find Pattern and Tutorial HERE at Helping Little Hands.


HAVE FUN!
(I know I'm gonna..hehe)

If you use this pattern...I'd LOVE to see your creations!  Let me know!

......................................
Linkin' Up with:

10 comments:

  1. This is amazing Brit! I love that you don't need a machine (mostly because I don't have one:). Thanks so much for sharing!! God bless your Advent and Christmas seasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! what a fun gift idea for the littles! I'd love for you to link up to my Christmas Linky Carnival!

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemade-in-december-link-carnival.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These apples might just be my favorite felt food item yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing! We are going my son a play kitchen for Christmas and I need to stock it with food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I wish I could sew... maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are adorable and I think I could handle the bacon, eggs and pancakes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your felt food turned out! And thanks for linking to my tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check out this Pop Tart tutorial!

    http://abigailtemple.blogspot.com/2012/01/faux-pop-tarts-toaster-pastries.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-8-and-rural.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...