Monday, December 5, 2011

Felt Mistletoe Tutorial


One of the gifts I'm most excited about this year is Felt Food for Sam!  I know, I'm like the last crafter on the PLANET to jump on the Felt Food Wagon.  Better late than never, right?
Well, I'll be posting my food soon....but this idea was born out of that.

We never really hung Mistletoe in our house.  I guess I never thought it looked very cute...or pretty...or fun.
But, FELT ANYTHING is CUTE, no?

This is SUPER easy...no sewing machine involved:
Just Felt, a Needle and Thread!

I started with the berries:
to stuff you can cut up small pieces of felt.

Then the leaves:
I don't have a picture of the branches, but they are simply thin strips of felt cut at three different lengths


Here are the three branches before I sewed them together at the top.


The hanging part of the Bow (Ribbon strings) is a separate piece of felt that I folded over the top of the branches and sewed closed

then I sewed the branch/ribbon combo to the bottom of the bow.
Now...the most important part:
Stand underneath it all day and collect your KISSES!

Linkin' Up With:

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea & a cool creation! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog and its ADORABLE!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...