Monday, December 12, 2011

Little People Crayons

I have been meaning to do this project for awhile now....with Christmas fast approaching, it seemed like a great Stocking Stuffer item to add to my Handmade Gifts!

I know you all have a bunch of broken, neglected crayons under your couch cushions you've rescued from the washing machine in your craft bins...unwrap those suckers and break 'em up even more.

I found this silicone gingerbread man/little people mold in the cake/candy section at Joann's.  (I've been told Target has some fun molds in the $1 spot too!) 


Bake them at 250 degrees for about 10 minutes.  (Check on around 8 minutes and use a tooth pick to break up bubbles)

Once they are all melted, remove from the oven and let cool.  This happens pretty fast (15 minutes or so)

POP 'em OUT!  And Have FUN!


....................................
Linkin' Up with:

4 comments:

  1. I have seen this idea before but never in cute shaped molds like this!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look great, and sound easy too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love these! I've tried making crayons and love the results, too. But I didn't know Joann's has trays like this. I'm totally going to have to go snag some up. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...