Monday, January 23, 2012

Make your Own Growth Chart

I meant to make this for Cashton for his 1st birthday.....well, that didn't happen.
I did, however, get it done for Christmas....then, it turns out, he got one for a gift as well. (Thank you!)

Guess his growth will be well documented LOL!

This was one of 3 wooden projects I made as gifts for Christmas.  Funds being a little tight around the holidays...the scrap wood piles at our local hardware store was a GOLD MINE for me :)
I wanted this to be 4 feet in length, and although it's a little bit wider than what I envisioned, I'm quite happy with it.  (can't beat a gift under $5!)

Also, my original plan was to paint deer along the side of it....I started with one deer head, promptly got frustrated with myself, and went with a tree.  Still goes with the Theme of Cash's MODeern Room, though. Plus I got to use the leftover paint that I used on his walls ;)

Simple project, get your measuring tape out, and mark the inch marks and feet marks....and paint away!
Most difficult part of this task:  Getting your 16 month old to stand still for 3 secoonds so you can measure him:

There it is: 2 1/2 feet on 1/20/12

Grandma even snuck in there to see if she's shrunk grown any...we didn't mark it, but LOOK she's still over 5 feet!  Go Mom!

"Hmmm.....wonder if I'll ever get to the top of that tree?"

Keep Growing, Buddy!

 and because he was such an uncooperative subject during this task....
The Tickle Monster was unleashed!!!!!!!

Linkin' Up with:



3 comments:

  1. Once again you are so creative!! I love this idea! And Cashton has such an adorable smile!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you are encouraging him to grow, you are going to regret that one day. I am bribing mine to stop growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a growth chart and it is looked at almost every year! Love your tree!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...