Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Eat At Home: Weekly Menu Reviews

I know I already posted about this blog, but I wanted to do a little follow up with how it has been blessing our family :)



First off, I must say Eat At Home Cooks in NO way is sponsoring this post, or even know I exist, but I absolutely LOVE that I found them!  The past couple weeks I have been meal planning with their pre-made weekly meals and grocery lists....
And when I say I've been meal planning, I mean, I go to their website, choose one of their 52 menu plans, print off the grocery list and buy what they tell me to.

PERFECT for a Lazy Bum like me :)

I thought I'd share the few weeks I've tried so far and what my family thought.

Our first week, we used Weekly Menu 6:
1. Tony’s Tilapia with Parmesan Fettuccini: RAVE REVIEWS!  I did half of our fish with Cajun Seasoning and half with Lemon Pepper (for the kiddos)  YUMMY! 
2. Stromboli: How can you go wrong with Stromboli?  DELICIOUS!
3. Chicken Fiesta and Black Beans in the Slow Cooker:  This was very good, and made A LOT!  The kids weren't feeling so great that day, so they never really ate it, but my mom and hubby and I all liked it!
4. Swiss and Bacon Quiche: We actually never made this.  Not a big fan of Eggs for dinner. 
5. Chicken Broccoli Pita Pockets:Randizzle talked about this for a FULL 24 hours after dinner.  SO funny.  I think it's because it's far from anything I normally make, and he REALLY liked it.  I got the hint, hunny.
6. Penne Gorgonzola:  I could have eaten this whole meal by myself, it was that good!  But I am a HUGE fan of strong cheeses. :)  YUMMO!
7. Kentucky Nut Pie: Never in a million years would I pick this recipe out to make, but I was very surprised at how good it was!  It tasted like cookie dough pie! 


The second week, we used Weekly Menu 31
 
1. Italian Sausage and Spinach Stuffed Shells, garlic bread and salad:  A little bit more time consuming to prepare, but SO worth it!  Again, something I've never tried before!
2. Southwest Chicken with Brown Rice, salad:  This made me a bit nervous, again, with the kids.  But it was NOT spicy at all, and very flavorful!
3. Meatball Subs, baby carrots, potato chips:  Meat ball subs. 'nuff said ;)
4. Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole, steamed veggie and salad:  We're making this tonight!
5. Sunday Chicken Dinner in the slow cooker, steamed veggie, rolls: Didn't make it yet
6. Honey Cashew Pork Stir Fry over rice: SOOOO GOOD!  I have made different stir-frys before, but never used pork :)  I will definitely keep this recipe handy! :)
7. Dad’s Brownie Sundae: didn't make this yet, I can't believe it myself


Next week I'm going with one of their LOW COST options!  I'm really excited about it!
Here's what I chose:  Weekly Menu 3
1. Vietnam Fried Rice
2. Grandma’s Spaghetti Sauce in the slow cooker + extra for the freezer
3. Cheesy Eggs and Ham
4. Lentil Tacos
5. Shaker Village Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
6. Asian Noodles with Stir Fry Veggies and Chicken
Depression Era Bread
Butterscotch Cookies

Here's what I LOVE even more about these menus:  Almost half of each of the lists I've already had on hand (mostly the pantry items)  But even sometimes the meats:  They use a lot of Chicken breasts, and I buy the frozen bags and they last through 2 or more meals!
So, basically, what I'm saying is: i HIGHLY Recommend this blog...their menus...being lazy and letting someone else plan your families' meals.
the end.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I am totally going to try this - and YOU need to give quiche/frittata a try for dinner!

    Made this frittata recipe {again} for dinner tonight ... it was so quiet at the table, except for the ummmms and can I have mores?! Clean plate club for everyone!

    http://www.recipe.com/baked-spinach-ham-frittata/

    This would be so fun to make for Dr. Seuss' Birthday (March 2) as green eggs and ham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for turning me onto this blog. I haven't made any of the weekly things yet, but I have made 2 of the desserts and they were both really good--frito candy and pumpkin caramel cake. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to check this website out. I would eat so many of those meals. My kids are another story, but I have decided this is no longer about them. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...