Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess!

I sure wish we would have celebrated Dr. Suess' Birthday when I was in school.
HOW FUN!

Sam I am, was asked to come to school today in Red, Black, and White....and I couldn't resist going a little extra mile...

When it comes to dress-up, Sam's small size puts us in a little bit of a pickle.
It's home-made, or it doesn't fit.
Plus, it's often difficult to get a 4 year old to wear something uncomfortable.

So, here's what we came up with:
A whole Cat in the Hat outfit complete with a Cat belly, Hat, and BowTie.

The hat is all hand stitched, made of felt, and attached to a hair clippee.  The only way to get something on Sam's head. :)

The BowTie, also felt, is attached to a necklace.


If you're interested in a tutorial for this outfit, I'd love to share!  Let me know in the comments!

....................................
Linkin' Up with:

5 comments:

  1. I always thought the cat in that hat looked kind of creepy. This version (aka Samantha) is so freaking ADORABLE! Way to go, Mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought the cat in that hat looked kind of creepy. This version (aka Samantha) is so freaking ADORABLE! Way to go, Mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! You are SO creative Brittany... (and you and the hubby make beautiful babies!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you posted the tutorial on this? I would love to make this for my girls' dress up corner! Fantastic idea. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...