Friday, April 27, 2012

36 weeks: The Coconut Between my Legs


Apparently at 36 weeks, baby is about the size of a coconut.  If that is the case, I have the largest coconut in the world hanging out in between my legs.

This past week has been a mind blowing experience in the world of my pregnancy.
I'm not going to go into the gorry details, as I don't think most of my readers will want to hear about all the atrocities that befall pregnant women, but let's just say:
  • I had an unexpected minor surgical removal of something....without any pain meds.
  • I left work early a few days ago to get checked out at the birth center because I had been experiencing contractions over the course of 24 hours that got increasingly painful and ended up about 5 minutes apart for a few hours.  Conclusion being that they weren't progressing me any further, so I went home.
  • Since then, contractions have gone back to the irregular "Braxton-Hicks"
  • Baby has dropped to a most uncomfortable place....at this point, I would prefer it was down around my knees, as that would at least make it easier to sit, stand, walk, move, sleep, lay-down, get up....care for 2 other very active children
  • Am I complaining too much?

How about a visual?

Here's the Coconut in Person:

If you are standing underneath me for any reason....you might want to watch out for falling coconuts...This is the difference from 32 weeks to 36 weeks.

See.  I wasn't kidding.
I make Sam and Cash walk around with Hard Hats all day...can't be too careful.

 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...