Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Big Sis & Big Bro Shirts: Freezer Paper Stenciling


Have you Freezer Paper Stenciled yet?
It's SO easy!
And the results are instantly gratifying!

Just need your Freezer Paper, Fabric Paint, Fabric (shirts in my case), a cutting utensil, and an iron.

Make your design.
This can be hand drawn or traced, whatever you feel comfortable with.
I drew my designs free-hand.
Then used a utility knife from my kitchen to cut it out.  (and exacto-knife is probably a better idea, but I couldn't find mine)

Next, iron your freezer paper down onto your fabric.
For my paint, I used a Fabric Spray paint...so I had to cover the rest of my shirt that I didn't want sprayed with paint...
PAINT AWAY!

 Allow to dry....and Lift the Paper up to reveal your masterpiece.

 I'm so happy with how they turned out...


The shirts, too! ;)

Now we just need to wait to see what the Baby's onesie will say...
Lil' Bro?
or
Lil' Sis?

Linkin' Up with:


9 comments:

  1. they turned out adorable, love the bright colors

    of course they aren't as adorable as the kids they are on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sweet sweet! Can't wait to see them with their new little sibling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME EITHER! I mean, really....I CAN'T WAIT!

      Delete
  3. Cute shirts and adorable "models". Your tutorial was fun and to the point -- made it sound easy! I would love it if you would consider linking to Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy, a Sunday through Thursday link party for ideas that make life easier, better and more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just headed over to link up!

      Delete
  4. so cute- tahnks- i'm keeping the post and making these for my kids- our baby is due sept

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does this really work? For reals? Now I need to think of fun FALL sayings so I can make shirts for my girls! You have the BEST ideas and explain how to do it so that I can actually understand and feel like maybe I can do it too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...