Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Quick & Fuzzy Baby Blanket

I have been feeling kind of unprepared for the arrival of this new baby...
With our first born, we were showered with gifts and had the room all decked out by the time we were even half way through pregnancy...
With our second, we were "trying" to get pregnant so when it finally happened, the same excitement followed....

Apparently, when you have an "unexpected blessing" it takes much longer for impending birth to sink in.  I think I was in denial for a long time.  Or maybe denial isn't the right word....I guess I thought I just had more time.

Well, Time is almost up. And I am feeling guilty.  This new babe has nothing to call its own.  We have lots of girls and boys clothes all ready for whenever we meet him/her, and all the other baby essentials are still in good working, usable condition....so we really don't NEED anything....but I wanted this baby to have something of their own waiting for their arrival....

So I whipped up a blankie.
And when I say whipped up, this took me all of 10-15 minutes to make...(once I picked the fabric)

It's about a yard square (didn't even measure it)  Sewed the right sides together; Left an opening to invert it..Turned it right sides out....Stitched it closed by hand....and machine stitched about an inch in from the border.  Done.


I had purchased the White Minky when I was expecting Cashton....and I never did anything with it :(

So, in sticking with the Orange Theme of the Diaper Bag I made...
Not to mention, I'm pretty much sick of the Green and Yellow Neutral stuff we have a TON of....

I found this Orange Polka-Dot Fabric to match.
Not sure if it's still called Minky...it's the same soft feel, just without the raised dots.


Don't ya just want to bury your face in it?


 It's sitting right on the crib....

Just waiting for Baby #3 to Snuggle with it....


Want to learn how to sew with me?  I'm refreshing my skills and starting from scratch!  Join ME!  Check out this POST for all the details of the:

......................................

Linkin' Up with:
Sew Cute Tuesday
Get Your Craft On


3 comments:

  1. love the color, great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the loveliest fabrics I've seen in a while! I love the dotted theme and the clever way you played with texture. Thank you for visiting my Balcony reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color too! I never would have thought to sew the 1" border, but that makes the whole thing more finished. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...