Thursday, June 14, 2012

DIY Wooden American Flag


It's FLAG DAY!

The patriotic Family that we are...this was actually a gift for my hubby for Christmas! LOL!

That's how "On Top" of blogging I've been lately.

This was so fun to make...and VERY cost effective too!

I purchased the wood from out local DIY store.  It's actually pieces of hardwood floor that got put in the discount pile for not being "perfect"....which makes them very cheap, and very PERFECT for this project.  I think they were less than 50 cents each.

Because the floor pieces have teeth and grooves in them, you can glue them together with wood glue....then, place two boards horizontally on the back side and nail them into place. 


OLD GLORY has 13 stripes to represent the original 13 colonies, and 50 stars to represent the current 50 states.

Measure your whole piece and divide the stripes evenly down the right side
In the upper left hand corner leave the box for the blue and stars.

Then using painter's tape, tape off your stripes.


Paint your White, remove the tape, then paint the red.



Now, Paint your blue box....and let completely dry.


For the stars, I highly suggest using a stamp.  And if you want to be really thrifty, Make One!

I used a Styrofoam sticker that my kids already had...(actually I used 2--one on top of the other) and stuck them on the top of a jar lid.

SUPER EASY STAMP!


They are not perfect...but it had character that way!


NOW YOU CAN SHOW OFF YOUR
AMERICAN PRIDE


Linking up with:

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your flag project!! I may have to consider trying it myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. We need to pair my pillow and your flag together! have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful project and great tutorial. Saw you over at Someday Crafts Patriotic party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Love This ... Great Tutorial! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...