Saturday, June 16, 2012

Week 5: Machine-Applique Tee

Welcome to Week 5 of our Sewing Club!
This week we jumped into a technique that is near and dear to me:
Machine Applique

Our Assignment for

We read pages 57-61 of

It was fun to read how you are "suppose" to do certain techniques when I've been doing it a certain way for years. LOL!

Basically, I'm too lazy for the "stabilizer" step. 
And I'm too cheap to use ALL that thread to have the stitching so close together.

But, I like to just say I'm more into the "devil may care attitude" she referred to on page 60!

 I'm excited for the ends to fray a little when we wash it!

While I was at it, I went ahead and made matching shirts for both our girls :)
Now, I just have to come up with a design for Cash!


What design did you use?
Do you like the more refined look of the tighter stitches she showed in the book....or the style that I did?



HOW TO DISCUSS:
Comment in the comments section: I have enabled the reply feature, so I will be replying directly under this post.
Blog about it: Link up below with your post
Post in the Flickr Group: If you have a picture you'd like to share and don't have a blog....we can chat on there!:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...