Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Weeks 6-14 Assignments

I'm going to try something a little different with our Assignments...
For one, I'm not even sure anyone is sewing along with me....and Two, I'm falling a little behind on posting them on Sundays.
So, I'm going to post the next 9 of our Sew Along Assignments in our Read/Sew Along of Deborah Moebes, "Stitch By Stitch" Book.  That way you can plan ahead for your supplies!

Week 6 Due June 22: Read Pages 63-77 and Do Mini Project, Continuous Bias Tape
Week 7 Due June 29: Read Pages 81-93 and Sew "Fancy Napkins with Mitered Corners"
Week 8 Due July 6:  Read Pages 95-107 and Sew "Picnic Place Mat with Bias-Bound Edges"
Week 9 Due July 13: Read 109-119 and Sew "Reversible Tote with a Flat Bottom"
Week 10 Due July 20: Read 121-127 and Sew "Relaxing Eye Mask with Curves"
 Week 11 Due July 27: Read 129-137 and Sew "Hipster Belt with Button Closure"
Week 12 Due August 3: Read 139-149 and Sew "Piped Throw Pillow with a Universal Zipper"
Week 13 Due August 10: Read 151-159 and Sew "Patchwork Cafe Curtains with Tab-Top Panels"
Week 14 Due August 17: Read 161-171 and Sew "Girls' Charm Pack Skirt with Elastic Waistband"

Now, grab your book and get sewing!
Wait, am I the only one sewing?  
HELLO?  
HELLO!?!?!  
Anybody out there?

 

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog this morning. Thanks for the book recommendation. I will have to get a copy and see where it leads me. I attempted to learn to sew when I was about 12 - from a family friend. I was bad but still thought it was fun (when I wasn't frustrated). Then in high school home ec I sewed a little more (but I was no better then - even with a qualified teacher). After I got married I did sew wearable shorts and Zumba pants for the kids. And then I didn't sew again until about 1.5 years ago - when I decided to start quilting. I quizzed up the local quilt shop owner and jumped in with both feed. I have to say - I am very good with a seam ripper. I am always looking for ways to improve my cutting, stitching, pressing, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, WELCOME, Lisa! It's always nice to hear from a new reader :) Hope you find joy in sewing again!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...