Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week 7: Fancy Napkins with Mitered Corners

Better Late than Never, Right?

This week our assignment was:
Read Pages 81-93 of Deborah Moebes' Stitch by Stitch and Sew "Fancy Napkins with Mitered Corners"

I loved all the options we were given to finish the corners.
I ended up choosing the "Varsity Mitered Corners"


We've been trying to wean out Paper Towels in our house, and this is the next big step.
This is our "Summer" Set.



Here's what I learned this week:
  • I have never sewn Mitered corners before. 
  • The Varsity Mitered Corners were very easy, and they look Great!
  • I didn't go out and buy  1 1/4 yards fo fabric for this project.....I had 1 yard in my stash. and was able to cut four equal squares to start out with.  I believe instead of 19" squares to start out with, I had 18" squares.
  • Randizzle thinks they look like they are straight out of the 70's.  I'm totally okay with that.
  • I really hope someone sewed with me this week!

If you'd like to join me, you can see what we've been up to the past few weeks...just click on the "Sewing Club" Tab up on top of the blog.

HOW TO DISCUSS:
Comment in the comments section: I have enabled the reply feature, so I will be replying directly under this post.
Blog about it: Link up below with your post
Post in the Flickr Group: If you have a picture you'd like to share and don't have a blog....we can chat on there!:


Want to join us next week?
 Due July 6: Read Pages 95-107 and Sew "Picnic Place Mat with Bias-Bound Edges"

3 comments:

  1. Need to read the book Sunday night! Then I will sew! But I love your corners. They are really coolAnd even!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...