Thursday, July 19, 2012

Week 9: Reversible Tote and a NEW Schedule

Welcome to Week 9 of our Sewing Club!
Did you notice that I missed a week?

Oops! 

Well, I'm back on track now....but I'm going to push the schedule back a week to accommodate my lapse.  The new schedule will be on the Sewing Club Tab, so hop on board whenever you can and join in the Read Along/ Sew Along of Deborah Moebes' Stitch-By-Stitch.

This week the assignment was to Read Pages 109-119  and Sew the Reversible Tote with a Flat Bottom


This was the first week's assignment that I was completely familiar with all of the skills she taught.  See, I've made flat bottom bags before.  I had never made a reversible one before.  I'm happy I got to add this to my grocery totes, though!

and for those of you that are just beginning to sew....Take Heart!  Seams aren't always going to be straight, and even seasoned sewers have puckers:

They say "Form over Function"....but I I believe in
"Function Over Form"!


I can't wait to see your totes!
Thanks for sewing along with me this week!
I can't wait to see what you've made!

If you'd like to join me, you can see what we've been up to the past few weeks...just click on the "Sewing Club" Tab up on top of the blog.
HOW TO DISCUSS:
Comment in the comments section: I have enabled the reply feature, so I will be replying directly under this post.
Blog about it: Link up below with your post
Post in the Flickr Group: If you have a picture you'd like to share and don't have a blog....we can chat on there!:
.............................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...