Sunday, August 26, 2012

Simple Sunday

Time is ticking away, folks.
In less than a week, my birthday month will be upon us.
It's a big one this year.
I will say good-bye to my Twenties...and enter that wonderful chapter known as the THIRTIES.
Woah.
Not quite sure how I feel about it yet.
Haven't really thought about it much.
I know, I know....you're gonna say...30?  You don't look a DAY over 29!  HAHA!  No, actually what most people have been telling me lately when they see me man-handling 3 small children is:
"Wow!  You look....busy."  "You've got your hands full!"  or my favorite of all time: "You look.....tired." 
These aren't meant to be compliments, are they?
Cuz...frankly, they suck.
Just sayin'.

Listen, I'm not even 30 yet, and I've already losing my train of thought.

I think when folks have a milestone birthday, it's a time that they analyze their life.  Maybe notice things they'd like to change or accomplish...
I have a dream, people.
My "mid-life" crisis, if you will.
I WANT TO SIMPLIFY.
I'm not the most organized person I know.
Don't laugh.
I know all of you who know me well are laughing.
Well, the first step to recovering is admitting you have a problem, right?
Being a blogger craft blogger, you are bombarded with all these beautiful scenes of color-coded ribbons and labeled mason jars, Cute little storage bins and shelves of perfectly matched home decor....do people really live like this? (Doubt it!)  Well, that's not true, I know quite a few women that "love to clean"  "Love to organize"....I wish I did too. 
but I don't.
I just take very strategic photographs of the projects I create.  I've even been known to clean a room just for a blog post picture.  Hey, a girl's gotta get motivated somehow, right?

It's time to get serious, though. Looking at all those pretty pics DOES make you feel better.  It's peaceful to have things in their place, and I thought if I blog about it.  It might even be fun!  And then I thought...you can simplify your life too!  Right along with me. :) And make me feel all loved and not all alone at being a mess. :)  and old.

An Old Mess.

My Goal is to Simplify at least ONE thing in my life every week.  (Hopefully MORE on those really inspirational, motivating weeks)
Then on Sunday, I'll share it with you....and you can share your accomplishments with me.
We can give each other virtual hugs and pats on the back and everything!

This isn't rocket science.
I mean, I still love to be a creative mess genius....so I'm sure a lot of my posts will be just cleaning up my craft supplies and living areas that I've destroyed every week....but I can't wait to be inspired by how you organize your life.
Honesty, though, if someone posts about their folded, color-coded underwear drawer, I may have to stop being your friend.  That's just wrong.

SO....bet you're wondering what I did this week....
I started right here on my little old blog.

Are you ready for my first Simple Sunday?


If you click on the "Project Gallery" button at the top of my blog.  You'll see I've started organizing all of my past projects over the past 3 years.  It's a work in progress, but I love that they are all there with a simple click of a pic.  Pretty neat, huh?  I still have a few more categories to go, but the Crafts and Sewing Projects are up and running!  YAY!
For all you bloggers out there...I used Linky Tools  The same little site/tool ma-jiggy that we use to do linky parties!  But, you can also make your own private lists that only you add to :)  Awesome, right?  The directions are all on the Linky Tools site and were very easy to follow, but let me know if you have any questions!  Wouldn't it be great to have a page of all your favorite posts or projects for your readers to reference!

Have you simplified anything in your life this week?

Tell me in the comments, or blog about it and link up your post below!

Then go visit some of the other organized little bunnies and get inspired to simplify your life!

 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about organizing my sewing room! That's funny since its also my guest room so I guess this will be my week project, which might take two weeks at my pace.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I organized my closet shelves. all my jeans and sweaters ate nicely folded and stacked and color ordered. oh! And all my shoes are either in their appropriate spot in one of my two shoe hanging organizer thingies or boxed up and stacked on the shelves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I organized my closet shelves. all my jeans and sweaters ate nicely folded and stacked and color ordered. oh! And all my shoes are either in their appropriate spot in one of my two shoe hanging organizer thingies or boxed up and stacked on the shelves :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...