Friday, September 21, 2012

30 Years of Me




















 

Thirty Years.
Wow.
Seems like a LONG time...LOL!
How does it feel?
I'm not sad about this at all.  Should I be?
It is what it is.
I've been so blessed in my 30 years that I feel like it would be ungrateful of me to be sad that I have lived such a full life.
I don't want to write about my husband and children today.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE them with every fiber of my 30-year-old self....but I think you already hear about them on a daily basis.
In fact, over the past 10 years, I feel like I've hidden myself behind them. 
Actually, I think that we all somehow hide behind the people in our lives.
We define ourselves by other people...
daughter, sister, friend, wife, mother...
But, I choose to reflex on me today.
Just Me.
(It's my birthday, afterall, right?)

I am 30.

I am blessed.
I am content.
I am happy.
I have accepted who I am.
I am able to be honest with myself and, in turn, others.
I love.
I am loved.
Thank you.
ALL of you.
If you are reading this, you have been a part of my first 30 years. 
Maybe you even recognize some of those faces of mine....or maybe some of them will just put a smile on your face...or let's face it, make you LAUGH out LOUD  (the cute phase...the awkward phase...the fun phase...the mom phase)  All of which could be interchangable if you ask me ;)
Celebrate with me Today!
Take a Moment and Count Your Blessings....or just think of One.
Let yourself just sit and smile for a moment.

God is GOOD.
Life is GOOD.
Have a HAPPY Day with me on my
DAY of BIRTH!


7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday friend!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! And I LOVE the old pics...oh the hair we had in the 80's and 90's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me goosebumps....you still seem like the 7th grade girl to me and then to realize how much we have lived life already. It never seems like we get any older if you ask me. Loved your post AND the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Brit! You've had some fantastic hairstyles over the years. ;) Hope you have a wonderful and blessed day! Praying for many more years of God's grace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to MY little Girl! Love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom...next time, sign in to your own account ;)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! Oh, glorious crimp jobs and side ponytails

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday dear friend. You are a beautiful, amazing, wonderful women of 30! So happy to have known you so many years with many more to come. Cheers to you on your 30th birthday! Ps..I recall some of those photos and think I might know who is next to you in them;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...