Wednesday, October 31, 2012

DIY Flintstones Costumes: Family of 5

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

I really tried to get this post up BEFORE today...but as you can see...that didn't happen. So, I guess if you like it, PIN it away for next year ;)

This year's HOMEmade, HANDmade costumes were brought to you in part by Fancy Hats By Becky and your Favorite Modern StoneAge Family:


THE FLINTSTONES
 

The idea for this year's theme came to me mid-summer, when all my little boy wanted to do was BAM BAM BAM on EVERYTHING with any type of bat/club-like apparatus he could get his hands on.
Of course, when I ran it pass Randizzle, he rolled his eyes....basically saying I was crazy until he saw the finish products.  Why doesn't he ever trust me?  I'm awesome! ;)
I started out with a little sketch:

 
For FRED:
I used 1 1/2 yards of orange fleece.
Folded it in half and held it up to Randy.
Marked where I wanted the arm holes...then sewed up the sides to that point.
The "spots" are black felt hot glued on.
 
 
For WILMA:
I used fleece as as both the dress and the necklace.
The dress was made using a dress of mine as a "pattern", but I made the the hip EXTRA wide to compensate for the fact that my waist isn't 1 inch thick.
 
 
For PEBBLES:
The Leopard Print Fleece fabric is made from a $2.23 fleece blanket.
The Bones in the outfit and for the clip in her hair are both made from the fleece, hand-sewn and stuffed.
 
For BAM-BAM:
I used the same blanket as Pebbles.
Then, we covered one of his plastic bats with brown paper.
 
For DINO:
You can see more about the outfit here, and
the hat was made by Fancy Hats by Becky
 
 
and here's the Whole Family!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...