Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Frame Pumpkins


It's about to get even MORE thrifty around here.  We're getting serious about our budget, so that means less trips to the craft store. :(
BUT I couldn't LIVE without my crafts...so more resourceful I will get!

The following mantle decor was made entirely of things I found around the house.

Frames I wasn't using (they have been in boxes since we moved over a year ago) got a rough coat of orange paint:


I dug these Popsicle sticks out of the garbage from this past summer...
EEEWWWWWWWWWW
COME ON!  I'm not that desperate!
Popsicle sticks were in my Misc. Craft Bin.
Broke them in half and Hot Glued 'Em together:


Painted Brown:


and Glued to the Back of my New Orange Frames:


Looks just like a Pumpkin, no?



Side Note: I had these displayed for a few days....when I caught the hubby staring at them.  He says, "Where did you get the new frames?"  To which I proudly replied, "Our basement!".......10 minutes later...."Oh, HEY, They're PUMPKINS!" 

He CAN be TAUGHT!

.....................................
Linkin' Up with:


7 comments:

  1. Ha ha, Randy! Sounds just like Dan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute...this is right up my alley :) Thanks for sharing! Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea and so simple! I've got plenty old frames laying around. I'll have to give this a shot. Thanks!

    Would love for you to share this at my very first linky party. My sister and I are working together over at “Think Tank Thursday”…would love to see you there!
    http://www.saving4six.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very innovative! New follower frm Think Tank Thursday! To stretch my craft allowance - I started going to yard sales.So many crafters practically give stuff away .They love it when it's going to good use rather than sitting in their garage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ideas for using up old frames! Thanks for linking up last week. We'd love to have you back today:
    http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...