Sunday, October 28, 2012

Simple Sunday #7 NO SEW Dino Costume

I know I've missed a couple weeks again.
I'm not ditching Simple Sunday...it's just been a little busy around here.

Are you all ready for Halloween?
Some of you probably are all done with the big festivities I bet.  This year is probably the MOST I've ever celebrated the holiday in my whole life.  We've had a couple parties already.  Samantha has TWO school parties this week (one of which I am helping organize...excited to share some goodies with you this week) Then we go Trick-or-Treating on Wednesday!

My Simple advice for you this week is:
"when you can't sew....GLUE!"

I get a little sad every time I make something and a friend of mine says,  "I'd love to make that, but I don't sew"  I've tried to inspire many to start...but I know it's not always for everyone.  I mean, it only took me 27 years to break down and teach myself how to do it.... ;)

Sooooo......for the NO SEW-ers out there...
I SAY UNTO YOU:
YOU CAN DO HANDMADE HALLOWEEN!
YOU CAN!
And...it's easy. 

Our family is going as the Flintstones this year! 

Oh, how I LOVE a theme!  Remember when we were the Incredibles?  :)

I will be posting the rest of our costumes soon....but today it's all about the NO-SEW Baby Dino.
Of course, I'm Wilma, and Randy is Fred.  And the inspiration of the whole idea: Pebbles & Bam-Bam (Sam & Cash) 
Finally, to wrap it all up in the cutest little purple bundle:
Georgia will be playing DINO.


Now, I happen to have many-a talented friends, and I requested my friend, Becky, to make a Dino Hat for us.  Didn't she KNOCK IT OUT?!?!?  You can see more of her work on her page here.
But, you wouldn't even have to go that far.  Just a Purple hat with some black ties on top would do.  The rest of her outfit was made without a stitch.

I purchased a purple sweatsuit.  Then everything that went on it was cut out of felt and hot-glued on.  You only wear a Halloween costume for a day or two....THREE, if you're lucky.  So, it doesn't have to last forever.  Plus, if I spent any more time then I did on it....it would feel like a waste.  (in my humble opinion)

Dino got a :
Purple belly to cover up what was on the sweatshirt
Turquoise Collar
Gold/Yellow Tag
Black Spots on the back and arms
All hot glued on....took me about 15 minutes from start to finish.

Whatcha think?

Simple.  Simple. Simple.
 
 

I know, that hat is ridiculous!  LOVE IT!  In fact, I'm gonna make her a winter coat to match, so she'll get more use out of it :)  LOL!


Tell me how you've simplified your life this week!
Do you have a tip or trick to make our lives easier?
Did you organize a closet? a Drawer? a Bookshelf?
Have a simple craft or recipe you want to share?
I'm lazy.....I love to hear shortcuts! ;)



1 comment:

  1. Brittany I think every time you post a picture of Georgia she gets cuter and cuter!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...