Tuesday, December 4, 2012

NO MESS Glitter Ornaments

 
OOH!  AHH!!
PRETTY SPARKLING GLITTER!!!
and usually, I don't want the stuff in my house!
 
Let's face it, it's a HUGE MESS!
but, it's so shiny and happy....
 
That's why when I saw this idea, I thought it was brilliant.
ALL the Sparkle with NONE of the mess.
 
Little did I know that I would stumble across an even LESS MESSY way of accomplishing it!
 
Cue the Hallelujah Chorus, my friends...YOU can have your GLITTER,
and NOT have to eat it too!

 
SUPPLIES NEEDED:
Glass Bulb Ornaments
Hardwood Floor Polish (I know, weird, right)
Glitter
 (get the glitter in the tubes from Walmart.  It comes in a pack of 6.  Trust me, this is IMPORTANT)
 
 
First you'll take the topper off the ornament and pour about a teaspoon of floor polish inside (just eyeball it)
carefully turn it and swirl it so it coats the whole interior.
 
I then pored the left over into my second ornament and so on and so on.
 
These are the tubes of glitter I was talking about:

 
Why are the tubes so important you ask?
Well, I eliminated a funnel and pouring and swirling and dumping out and filling the glitter back up and all the glitter mess everywhere....

 
Just turn your ornament over and secure the tube of glitter around the ornament neck.
Now, hold firmly, and SHAKE!
Easy peasy....CLEAN and QUICK!
 
The glitter will coat the inside, and then shake all the excess glitter back into the tube while it's all self contained
 
And not come off on your hands!!!
 
See, and just like that, I have a better relationship with GLITTER!

(the little glitter spillage was from the 1st two I made before I made the fantastic discovery of the shake method)

1 comment:

  1. OMG Brit! Why didn't this come to me SOONER!!!! B moved up to his 2 year room this past Monday, so we gave our thank you presents LAST week to his former teachers and we did ornaments. This would have been SOOO much nicer!!! I still might do this with him...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...